Easy Winter Potato & Leek Soup
Who doesn't love a piping hot, creamy soup in Winter!
This easy slow cooker recipe is just set and forget, because there's nothing better than coming home to a freshly cooked meal in our eyes. Yum!
Vegan substitutes listed below.
- 6 washed but not peeled potatoes – chopped (approx. 800g)
- 2 leeks white parts only - roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup cream*
- ½ cup shaved parmesan**
- Fat Wren Farm Mountain Pepperberry Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
In the morning grab your slow cooker – add olive oil, garlic, leeks, potato, and stock. The liquid should cover all the vegies so add more stock or water if required. Set to high and go about your day.
When you are ready to serve set cooker to warm, grab your immersion or stick blender (or your masher if you don’t have one, you will get a rustic chunky soup) and blitz everything together adding in the cream* and parmesan**, Fat Wren Pepperberry Sea Salt to taste. Jazz it up with chives, or crispy bacon bits stirred in at the end. Serve with thick cut toast.
*sub 1 cup coconut cream
**sub 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (or to taste)